Hi,

I'm very interested why Spree ignores my changes in
<mystore>/config/initializers/spree.rb.

1. I did set config.logo with custom image and re-run rails. The setting
was effective, new logo appeared on the main page instead of the default
spree_50.png .
2. I removed the previous entry from the initializer and re-run rails.
Instead of the defaul logo the custom one is displayed !
3. Tried rake tmp:clear and relaunched rails server but the custom logo is
still displayed without any record in templates or stylesheets !

I did checked there is also no image with the same name in
<mystore>/app/assets.

I simply can not understand why/from where the Spree aplication takes the
image. Can it be the cache is not cleared properly ? Call of rake tmp:clear
throws no error messages.

  • Alexey Topolyanskiy at Dec 12, 2012 at 10:26 am
    If there is no file on that path in your Rails project and you cleared tmp/cache folder the only thing is left is the browser cache.

    I'm very interested why Spree ignores my changes in <mystore>/config/initializers/spree.rb.

    1. I did set config.logo with custom image and re-run rails. The setting was effective, new logo appeared on the main page instead of the default spree_50.png .
    2. I removed the previous entry from the initializer and re-run rails. Instead of the defaul logo the custom one is displayed !
    3. Tried rake tmp:clear and relaunched rails server but the custom logo is still displayed without any record in templates or stylesheets !

    I did checked there is also no image with the same name in <mystore>/app/assets.

    I simply can not understand why/from where the Spree aplication takes the image. Can it be the cache is not cleared properly ? Call of rake tmp:clear throws no error messages.

  • David Unric at Dec 12, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    Hi,

    after I cleared all caches both on server and client sides, the discared
    logo still persists !

    After some investigation I've discovered the name of logo image is stored
    in the database, table name spree_preferences. If there is no new setting
    in initializers/spree.rb , the old value persits - ie. it's _not_ reset to
    defaults.

    So how can I update database to reflect changes in Spree initializer ?

    Thanks.

    On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:26:38 AM UTC+1, Alexey Topolyanskiy

    12 дек. 2012, в 12:24, David Unric <dunr...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    I'm very interested why Spree ignores my changes in
    <mystore>/config/initializers/spree.rb.

    1. I did set config.logo with custom image and re-run rails. The setting
    was effective, new logo appeared on the main page instead of the default
    spree_50.png .
    2. I removed the previous entry from the initializer and re-run rails.
    Instead of the defaul logo the custom one is displayed !
    3. Tried rake tmp:clear and relaunched rails server but the custom logo is
    still displayed without any record in templates or stylesheets !

    I did checked there is also no image with the same name in
    <mystore>/app/assets.

    I simply can not understand why/from where the Spree aplication takes the
    image. Can it be the cache is not cleared properly ? Call of rake tmp:clear
    throws no error messages.

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.

  • Ryan Bigg at Dec 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm
    The preferences are set in the database. Once set, they will stay that way until they are re set again.

    I'm very interested why Spree ignores my changes in <mystore>/config/initializers/spree.rb.

    1. I did set config.logo with custom image and re-run rails. The setting was effective, new logo appeared on the main page instead of the default spree_50.png .
    2. I removed the previous entry from the initializer and re-run rails. Instead of the defaul logo the custom one is displayed !
    3. Tried rake tmp:clear and relaunched rails server but the custom logo is still displayed without any record in templates or stylesheets !

    I did checked there is also no image with the same name in <mystore>/app/assets.

    I simply can not understand why/from where the Spree aplication takes the image. Can it be the cache is not cleared properly ? Call of rake tmp:clear throws no error messages.

  • David Unric at Dec 12, 2012 at 8:25 pm
    If I understand correctly I would have to delete the record manually to get
    back the default logo ? Or find the original image filename & path in
    assets and set the config to it to be rewritten in the database ?

    The preferences are set in the database. Once set, they will stay that way
    until they are re set again.

    path

    On 12/12/2012, at 21:24, David Unric <dunr...@gmail.com <javascript:>>

[...]

  • Ryan Bigg at Dec 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm
    Can we please just have one thread about this next time? It leads to such confusion on my behalf :(