Hey Michael,

As I said on #2297 (https://github.com/spree/spree/issues/2297), please do
file a Pull Request to fix this up.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Michael Sevestre wrote:

Hi folks,

I might not understand the way it should work, so please bare with me if
it's not a bug:-). I tried to find some documentation on that but was not
successful in my search.

It was reported by one of my customer and I was unable to give a
satisfying answer: The shop is running using the Spree 1.2

Here is what happened:

1. One order was created containing some items that were backordered
2. in the admin section for that very same order, the shipment state was
as expected `backordered`.
3. User changed the `on_hand` for that backordered product to a number > 0
4. going back to the order view, the shipment state for that order was
then `pending`
5. Customer accidentally pressed `Cancel order`
6. She resumed the order using the `resume` button
7. User goes to shipment/edit for that order. The `SHIP` button is not
visible and there is no way the user can change the shipment status

So my questions are:

1. Why are the reasons for an order to be in the shipment state
`pending`. Can someone point me to some documentation?
2. Is there a way to force the shipment status to move to `shipped`
when the payment state is `paid` ( I have attached a screenshot so that you
can see what I mean)

Thanks and have a great week end,

Michael