Hi All,

I have a URL, once I access it I get a new Window called Authentication
Required. On the window I cannot use any object locating tools like Xpath
or CSS selectors. Please see the attached snapshot and advise me on 2
things here:

1) How to make sure I can use any object locating tools like Xpath since I
cannot even click on firebug.

2) How to get the xpath of the username and password screen so that I can
enter username and password.

Please advise.

  • Mercious at Jul 28, 2015 at 2:00 pm
    I don't understand your first question.

    If you mean to click icons of the Firefox-Browser: You cannot locate these,
    because they aren't part of the websites DOM. They belong to your browser,
    not the website.

    For your second question, please use google first. You come across this
    answer:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24304752/how-to-handle-authentication-popup-with-selenium-webdriver

  • Mukesh otwani at Jul 28, 2015 at 8:13 pm
    Hi Arun,

    I have faced this issue and solved via AutoIT.

    I have covered 2 possible solutions have a look

    http://learn-automation.com/handle-windows-authentication-using-selenium-webdriver/

    I have a URL, once I access it I get a new Window called Authentication
    Required. On the window I cannot use any object locating tools like Xpath
    or CSS selectors. Please see the attached snapshot and advise me on 2
    things here:

    1) How to make sure I can use any object locating tools like Xpath since I
    cannot even click on firebug.

    2) How to get the xpath of the username and password screen so that I can
    enter username and password.

    Please advise.
  • Arun shankar at Jul 29, 2015 at 3:50 am
    Thank you Mukesh.. This is of great help :)
    I have faced this issue and solved via AutoIT.

    I have covered 2 possible solutions have a look

    http://learn-automation.com/handle-windows-authentication-using-selenium-webdriver/

    I have a URL, once I access it I get a new Window called Authentication
    Required. On the window I cannot use any object locating tools like Xpath
    or CSS selectors. Please see the attached snapshot and advise me on 2
    things here:

    1) How to make sure I can use any object locating tools like Xpath since
    I cannot even click on firebug.

    2) How to get the xpath of the username and password screen so that I can
    enter username and password.

    Please advise.

    Arun Shankar C
    +91-9986619260

  • Mercious at Jul 29, 2015 at 9:12 am
    Why use AutoIT for it if its supported by Selenium?

    This is so stupid, seriously.

  • Mukesh at Jul 29, 2015 at 9:59 am
    Hi Mercious,

    What's stupidity here, as per I know Selenium don't have Api to handle
    authentication pop up so we can do by integrate with AutoIt.
    We have alternative like pass username password in URL but that doesn't
    work always.

    I m curious to know that how u handle ?