Hi All,

Below are the following issues we are facing when working with Internet
Explorer with Selenium Webdriver.
1. In our application,after clicking on a link , a pop up comes up in a new
window. As wedriver interaction wasn't successful,we were able to handle
the pop up with Robot class(Tab+Enter Keys to click on OK button in the
popup ). But once the focus move back to the parent window, We are facing
WebDriverException and TimeOutException even after using Explicit wait.
2. One more instance with a dealing new window, where we are finding
trouble is "Unable to get browser: WebDriverException". The Solution
suggested in some of the websites was to modify the settings of
InternetExplorer(Changing the "Enable Protected mode" across all the zones
in IE Settings. But because of project restrictions, we can't do that.
Please note that we have also used Desired Capabilities to ignore the
settings of the IE browser.
Please suggest the possible solutions for the above issues

Regards,
Gokul.

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Jun 3, 2015 at 11:12 am
    We would not be able to concretely say anything until you can :

    * Show us some code and a html page/ or a public website against which your
    code can be executed to recreate the problem.
    * Show us what exactly is the error message and share the stacktrace etc.,

    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"
    My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKsZrmPRvzBJzxTb2agpUER4EzGWHoFiohNvXrxFcPXxSBzT-A%40mail.gmail.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAKsZrmPRvzBJzxTb2agpUER4EzGWHoFiohNvXrxFcPXxSBzT-A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Sudhansu Sekhar panda at Jun 3, 2015 at 12:22 pm
    Hi Gocool,

    The issue is present while switching to the new window. Can you please
    attach the code snippet for switching to the new window so that we can have
    a clearcut solution?

    Thanks,

    Sudhansu
[...]

  • Gokul Krishna at Jun 3, 2015 at 5:06 pm
    Hi,

    Please find the code snippet.

    for Issue1: Webdriver throws Exception after closing the pop window

    wd.findElement(By.id("xx")).click();
      Robot r=new Robot();
      r.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_TAB);
      r.delay(1000);
        // Press Enter
        r.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);

    Set<String> windows = wd.getWindowHandles();
    loop1:
                 for (String window : windows) {
                     wd.switchTo().window(window);
                     if (wd.getTitle().contains("Welcome")) {

                       break loop1;
    wd.switchTo().frame("Main");
    wd.findElement(By.name("tab")).click();

    for Issue2:

      //clicking button1 opens a new window
    String pw=wd.getWindowHandle();
    wd.findElement(By.id("button1")).click();
      Set<String> windows = wd.getWindowHandles();
    loop2:
             for (String window : windows) {
                 wd.switchTo().window(window);
                 if (wd.getTitle().contains("Welcome1")) {

                   break loop2;
    wd.findElement(By.name("yy")).sendKeys("abc");
    wd.findElement(By.name("checkbox")).click();
    wd.findElement(By.name("Continue")).click();
      wd.switchTo().window(pw);

      //clicking button2 opens a new window , Webdriver throws "Unable to get
    browser Exception

      wd.findElement(By.id("button2")).click();
      Set<String> windows1 = wd.getWindowHandles();
    loop2:
             for (String window : windows1) {
                 wd.switchTo().window(window);
                 if (wd.getTitle().contains("Welcome2")) {

                   break loop2;
    wd.findElement(By.name("yy")).sendKeys("abc");
    wd.findElement(By.name("checkbox")).click();
    wd.findElement(By.name("Continue")).click();

    Using IE browser version 9 and Windows 64 bit OS.

    Regards,
    Gokul.
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/1dd62a68-302a-4b4a-8c2c-6354d03bcec4%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/1dd62a68-302a-4b4a-8c2c-6354d03bcec4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .

  • Gokul Krishna at Jun 4, 2015 at 1:40 pm
    Could you please help on the above issues.
[...]

  • khaja moinuddin Mohammed at Jun 5, 2015 at 3:33 am
    Gokul,

    A few suggestions as i dont see much happening on this thread... let me if
    it worked.

    1. After clicking on the button, give a wait command, as it might be taking
    a little time to show up the opened popups/ windows.
    2. inside the for loop and if statement, try to print the titles, and see
    if its printing the window's titile you want to print it.
    3. Try to use Set's Iterator, i know this should not be any different from
    using for each, but why to leave any options, right :)
    4. see, if it is actually a window or a javascript pop up, sometimes they
    look like another windo/ popup but could be javascript thing in which case
    you might need to use switchto.alert.

    Thanks,
    Khaja
    Could you please help on the above issues.

    On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Gokul Krishna <testti...@gmail.com
[...]

    <javascript:>.