Hi All,

I have a below doubt.

While clicking on an element, if the element is hidden/masked by some
dialog then what should be the behavior? e.g Suppose there is a button
"login" which i want to click using WebDriver but that element is hidden by
one dialog. Until and unless you close the dialog the "login" button is not
visible. Please find the screenshot attached

In FF: It is able to click but in IE and Chrome it is unable to click. But
as per me it should click in all the browsers as WebDriver identifies the
elements by the locators. So if the element is found it should be able to
click. I debugged to see whether WebDriver is able to identify the element
but it is able to identify but not able to click.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

  • Sudhansu Sekhar panda at Apr 2, 2015 at 2:56 pm
    Hi Jim/Evans,

    Can you give me some input in the above scenario?

    Thanks,

    Sudhansu