Somehow, I got my script working. where my I am using IEdriverserver.exe on
IE11. The following script fixed my issue on clicking a button. Otherwise,
it works just as it does on Firefox and Chrome.

    If driver.ToString.ToUpper.Contains("INTERNETEXPLORER") AndAlso
by.ToString.Contains("button") Then
                             driver.FindElement(by).SendKeys(Keys.Enter)
                         Else
                             driver.FindElement(by).Click()
                         End If