Hi all,

It has been told that we can integerate selenium webdriver with jmeter to
test the load of app,

After integration it seems again we have to write some java scripts to test.

Here how can i test the load by calling the method of java inside.

For example
i have

testLogin(); My aim here is to test it with jmeter.

Let me know the actual procedure for configuring webdriver in jmeter to
call java classes.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Shadaab

  • Dmitri T at Mar 25, 2014 at 8:11 am
    Hi Shadaab.

    There is an extension <http://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/WebDriverSampler/>for JMeter which can configure and launch WebDriver instance. See Using
    Selenium with JMeter's WebDriver Sampler<http://blazemeter.com/blog/jmeter-webdriver-sampler>for details. However it isn't designed for load testing at all. Personally
    I would use it for something like accessing OAuth callback page or doing
    some action which requires javascript execution *once. *

    If you're talking about dozens of Selenium instances, it will consume
    gigabytes of RAM. If from hardware point of view it's not a problem you can
    look into Selenium Grid <https://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/Grid2>.

    If your hardware resources are limited you can conider JMeter-only testing.
    JMeter can simulate browser-like testing more or less closely. It provides
    following configuration elements to achieve this:

        1. HTTP Cookie Manager - to handle cookie-based authentication
        2. HTTP Header Manager - to simulate headers (User-Agent should be the
        main one)
        3. HTTP Cache Manager - to simulate browser cache
        4. "Retrieve all embedded resources" parameter of HTTP Request
           - Use concurrent pool should be checked
           - Pool size should be 2-5
           - URLs must match should include only your application under test
           domain, anything external should be cut off

    Hope this helps,

    D.