Hi All,

We have automation framework built for fresh db where in we create base
data in onwe module through automation and then verify all the
functionalities of other modules.

Now, the requirement is, we need to run the same automation on client db's
without automation base data. We are supposed to use client data for
testing the major modules.

Can this be done ?

One more question is:

We have testcases developed in keyword driven framework on selenium .Now we
are planning to migrate to webdriver and change the framework to Page
Object model.

Should we go for TestNG framework or any BDD framework.

Please advice.

--
Thanks and regards
Farheen Khan

  • Oscar Rieken at Mar 12, 2014 at 11:23 am
    One problem you will face is getting your data to be consistently correct.
    I'm sure no 2 clients will have the same types or data. I would think
    without creating your test data you could end up dealing with a lot of
    brittle tests( or more of tests work on one clients system, but not
    anothers due to missing data or different expectations)

    I dont think you understand what BDD is. BDD is a style of software
    development. A BDD Collaboration tool like Cucumber or jBehave. help you
    write out examples of what you are building in plain english. They still
    depend on a Testing framework to help them make those examples executable.
    Most BDD tools require you to use assertion lib's from a testing framework.
    TestNG is a unit testing framework.

    On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM, farheen khan
    We have automation framework built for fresh db where in we create base
    data in onwe module through automation and then verify all the
    functionalities of other modules.

    Now, the requirement is, we need to run the same automation on client db's
    without automation base data. We are supposed to use client data for
    testing the major modules.

    Can this be done ?

    One more question is:

    We have testcases developed in keyword driven framework on selenium .Now
    we are planning to migrate to webdriver and change the framework to Page
    Object model.

    Should we go for TestNG framework or any BDD framework.

    Please advice.

    --
    Thanks and regards
    Farheen Khan

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAK8YyXP3Gt_Tw9QmATXojfY6auqGTiF5-siY%2BXEnuifgqvfiYg%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CAK8YyXP3Gt_Tw9QmATXojfY6auqGTiF5-siY%2BXEnuifgqvfiYg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Farheen khan at Mar 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm
    I have implemented JBehave and Junit as the automation framework,but my
    question is ,which one is easy for the functional QA to automate..

    Just the TestNG or JBehave with Junit/TestNG.

    On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM, farheen khan <farheenatskyquest@gmail.com
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CACuB3fa_%3Ddp_F3U7cCQPcUY0EPrwuv2ktpX3pzfZ1n9XQdRdAQ%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CACuB3fa_%3Ddp_F3U7cCQPcUY0EPrwuv2ktpX3pzfZ1n9XQdRdAQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .

    Thanks and regards
    Farheen Khan