I am testing an GWT Application. In My scripts i have to click an
element immediately after a ajax call and the element is present and visible
but not clickable when the ajax call is in progress. It only becomes clickable after the ajax call is over.
i have tried to give wait for element visibility but it does not work as i mentioned that element is already visible .
Hence it says element is visible and clicked successfully. But actually it does not click .
How can i wait till the ajax call is over and click the element once it becomes clickable.

Selenium version:2.39
OS:Windows
Browser:FF,Chrome
Browser version:FF24,Chrome 28

  • Http://lifegoeasy.blogspot.in/ at Dec 27, 2013 at 3:51 am
    Use explicit wait & Expected Condition, working code is as follows -

         WebDriverWait wait = new WebDriverWait(driver,20); //where driver is
    object of WebDriver & 20 second is wait time

         wait.until(ExpectedConditions.elementToBeClickable(By.xpath("element
    locator")));

    On Thursday, 26 December 2013 16:23:03 UTC+5:30, Saurav Ranjan Purohit
    I am testing an GWT Application. In My scripts i have to click an
    element immediately after a ajax call and the element is present and visible
    but not clickable when the ajax call is in progress. It only becomes clickable after the ajax call is over.
    i have tried to give wait for element visibility but it does not work as i mentioned that element is already visible .
    Hence it says element is visible and clicked successfully. But actually it does not click .
    How can i wait till the ajax call is over and click the element once it becomes clickable.

    Selenium version:2.39
    OS:Windows
    Browser:FF,Chrome
    Browser version:FF24,Chrome 28

  • Diego Alves at Dec 27, 2013 at 5:12 am
    Hello man, if I understand you well, you can use "fireEvent" command to
    wait the ajax call.

    example :

       type | id=postal_code | xxx-xxx
       fireEvent | id=postal_code | blur

    This make your script wait for ajax call.

    Bye.

    Em quinta-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2013 08h53min03s UTC-2, Saurav Ranjan