Hi Guys,

        I have to select an option, from the dropdown list, which has been
populated on a page after a search for a value.

ex:

   there is a address field text box , where user enters for suppose '32
Ring st' and then clicks on search button.
which then loads the page with a dropdown list box containing few address
which are present in that country.

Issue :
  When I select one of the option from the dropdown list box and rerun it
in selenium ide it gives me the following error:
[error] Option with label '32 RING ST, TOWNSEND NSW 2463' not found

i have used the xpath and all still it does not detect

Please help me

Thanks in advance

  • Oscar Rieken at Dec 24, 2013 at 3:48 am
    you might need to wait until there are options in the select before you try
    to find it

    On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Neel DVI
    I have to select an option, from the dropdown list, which has been
    populated on a page after a search for a value.

    ex:

    there is a address field text box , where user enters for suppose '32
    Ring st' and then clicks on search button.
    which then loads the page with a dropdown list box containing few address
    which are present in that country.

    Issue :
    When I select one of the option from the dropdown list box and rerun it
    in selenium ide it gives me the following error:
    [error] Option with label '32 RING ST, TOWNSEND NSW 2463' not found

    i have used the xpath and all still it does not detect

    Please help me

    Thanks in advance

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/1f98dba0-3587-4019-a2f0-439199d9a40d%40googlegroups.com
    .
  • Nani.thrinath.info at Dec 25, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    System will take time to load the drop down values after refresh the page!
    You need to use WAIT commands according to that element!

    Thrinath

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/CACuB3fZpNjueRzKWt5tzgju4g5uzhE-QxiwUCM_unpf92TsTMg%40mail.gmail.com
    .