Hi Guys....

I am using Selenium IDE, i am not able to record a mouse over event in the
Selenium IDE, Can anybody suggest a solution for this.
What Exactly i want to do is:

There is Label "New" --->>> Item1 --->>> Item1.2

The New will show the menus when we take mouse on it, and then it will show
Item1 , Item2, and then when we take mouse to Item1, then it shows the sub
menues....
Not able to record the same. Please suggest a solution.

Thanks in Advance
Alim

  • Sri at Oct 23, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    you can not record mouse hover,pop up and many things coz of these reasons
    webdriver up dude
    I am using Selenium IDE, i am not able to record a mouse over event in the
    Selenium IDE, Can anybody suggest a solution for this.
    What Exactly i want to do is:

    There is Label "New" --->>> Item1 --->>> Item1.2

    The New will show the menus when we take mouse on it, and then it will
    show Item1 , Item2, and then when we take mouse to Item1, then it shows the
    sub menues....
    Not able to record the same. Please suggest a solution.

    Thanks in Advance
    Alim
  • Gilbertf at Oct 25, 2013 at 8:17 pm
    -1: Disrespectful, false and stupid.

  • Gilbertf at Oct 25, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    This type of move is not recordable (it would make too much noise in the
    test script), but it CAN be put in a script.

    *mouseOver ( locator ) *
    Simulates a user hovering a mouse over the specified element.
    I suspect that a javascript adds the items in the submenus when you hover,
    so you could do a second mouseOver to go from "New" to "Item1" after a
    short wait.
    I am using Selenium IDE, i am not able to record a mouse over event in the
    Selenium IDE, Can anybody suggest a solution for this.
    What Exactly i want to do is:

    There is Label "New" --->>> Item1 --->>> Item1.2

    The New will show the menus when we take mouse on it, and then it will
    show Item1 , Item2, and then when we take mouse to Item1, then it shows the
    sub menues....
    Not able to record the same. Please suggest a solution.

    Thanks in Advance
    Alim
  • THRINATH at Nov 4, 2013 at 10:05 am
    as per my knowledge we can't record mouse movements, instead we can use
    mouseOver(Locator) command.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/4d7c76b0-749b-408d-abe6-edc947f5725e%40googlegroups.com
    .