I found this solution to be helpful, and its pretty simple and you have
explained it clearly

Thank you,
Manoj

On Friday, April 9, 2010 5:51:27 AM UTC-7, endarkened wrote:

you can use something like this:

while (!selenium.isElementPresent(locator)) {
try {
Thread.sleep(100)
} catch (Exception e) {}
}

you can secure youself by setting a number of counter of iterations to
define a kind of "timeout" for this while().
if it does not help, could you please describe your application more
specificly - what is happening before you get timeout, what you do
want to happen and what is going to happen.
and a portion of code from which you get this error.