BDD has just been introduced at my work place and I am also new to BDD.

         Can anyone help me refactor the following Feature file to be the
more efficient and cleaner.

*Feature:*

*As a user
I want to be able to upload images
In order to see them on the website*

*Given that I have selected images that are JPG, PNG or GIF
And they are in an FTP folder
When I go to the asset uploader page
And select the FTP folder by clicking on the field called source and
entering text
And select the destination folder by the same method
And press the button labelled upload
Then I see a progress bar
And when the progress bar is complete
Then I see the images are uploaded in the correct folder on my website.
And when I click on an image it opens in my browser successfully.*

*Any advice will be appreciated
*

  • Jon Valvano at May 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    This really does seem like a topic for this email list. (I am sure someone
    will post a solution.)

    I would suggest finding an email list based on the BDD framework you are
    using(cucumber?) and start there.

    Best of luck to you!!!!

[...]

  • Jon Valvano at May 7, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    This really does *not* seem like a topic for this email list. (I am sure
    someone will post a solution.)

    -sorry-

[...]

  • Oscar Rieken at May 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    I was curious my team uses BDDish style of doing things so i asked them all
    to refactor your feature. and here are the examples we came up with

    http://pastie.org/7813278

    http://pastie.org/7813424

    I must agree this question is outside of this group, and I would suggest
    reaching out to the cucumber group and perhaps reading the cucumber book

[...]

  • Valmondw at May 29, 2013 at 9:37 pm
    Hi Oscar, I really appreciate the effort you went through to have my BBD
    code refactored.
    The refactored code has been put into good use.
    Thank you very much.

[...]

    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/CXiQKI2L7jQJ.

  • David Lai at May 7, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    Lookup cucumber or lettuce frameworks. They're a good way of implementing
    a BDD test. One advice they dont' cover in those framework documentation
    is you should create a 'Flow' level abstraction to avoid turning your
    sentences into some sort of pseudo code. It's more important that
    sentences reflect the actual requirement than being reusable. That's where
    the Flow level abstraction comes in. You can have your fixtures call the
    Flow level objects and reuse them at that level.