Hello,

I want to trace all commands in a bdd with a custom Selenium Grid 2 Proxy
class.
I write a Java class and override afterCommand method and I get the
request information but I want to convert it in more readable information
(to have the command name) :

exemple :
- with request object, i have : [23 janv. 2013 18:07:14] POST
/session/d514c641-5d7a-499d-9b5b-bfd9e169b5c9/element/0/value
{"id":"0","value":["hotel"]}
- but i want convert this information to : Executing: [send keys: 0
org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement@3fef64bb,
[hotel]] at URL:
/session/78997cb4-df15-4fa6-a27d-a6390ccb843f/element/0/value)

How i can do this ?

Thanks you for advance,
Arnaud

  • François Reynaud at Feb 6, 2013 at 9:49 am
    Event firing web driver is a client implementation. That information is
    never sent to grid. What info do you need in the request exactly ?

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Arnaud Garandeau (SWID)
    I want to trace all commands in a bdd with a custom Selenium Grid 2 Proxy
    class.
    I write a Java class and override afterCommand method and I get the
    request information but I want to convert it in more readable information
    (to have the command name) :

    exemple :
    - with request object, i have : [23 janv. 2013 18:07:14] POST
    /session/d514c641-5d7a-499d-9b5b-bfd9e169b5c9/element/0/value
    {"id":"0","value":["hotel"]}
    - but i want convert this information to : Executing: [send keys: 0
    org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement@3fef64bb,
    [hotel]] at URL:
    /session/78997cb4-df15-4fa6-a27d-a6390ccb843f/element/0/value)

    How i can do this ?

    Thanks you for advance,
    Arnaud

  • Arnaud Garandeau (SWID) at Feb 6, 2013 at 9:54 am
    I need the command information, by example, click, send keys, find element,
    implicitly wait.

    I have to save in my bdd, the same value as Selenium 1 (command, param1,
    param2) but by using WebDriver.

    It's possible ?
    Arnaud.

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Arnaud Garandeau (SWID) <nono...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I want to trace all commands in a bdd with a custom Selenium Grid 2
    Proxy class.
    I write a Java class and override afterCommand method and I get the
    request information but I want to convert it in more readable information
    (to have the command name) :

    exemple :
    - with request object, i have : [23 janv. 2013 18:07:14] POST
    /session/d514c641-5d7a-499d-9b5b-bfd9e169b5c9/element/0/value
    {"id":"0","value":["hotel"]}
    - but i want convert this information to : Executing: [send keys: 0
    org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver$EventFiringWebElement@3fef64bb,
    [hotel]] at URL:
    /session/78997cb4-df15-4fa6-a27d-a6390ccb843f/element/0/value)

    How i can do this ?

    Thanks you for advance,
    Arnaud

    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/L7tpeVXnXzsJ.

  • François Reynaud at Feb 6, 2013 at 10:18 am
    that should be available in the before and after command listeners.

    public void beforeCommand(TestSession session, HttpServletRequest request,
    HttpServletResponse response)
    SeleniumBasedRequest r = (SeleniumBasedRequest)request;
    r.getBody will contain the info you're looking for.

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Arnaud Garandeau (SWID)
[...]

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/**
    msg/selenium-users/-/**L7tpeVXnXzsJ<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/L7tpeVXnXzsJ>
    .
    .

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/rBNC5CrKF_4J.

  • Arnaud Garandeau (SWID) at Feb 6, 2013 at 10:42 am
    Thank you to retrieve information in request body.

    But how can a convert the request info :
    - /session/e0a17dcf-24dc-474b-b7c4-cfa8331b550c/element
    {"using":"id","value":"quoiqui"}
    - and /session/2e61e3e0-32fe-45ae-9207-58ae236b68d7/element/0/value
    {"id":"0","value":["hotel"]}

    To explicit information :
    - command = send keys
    - param1 = by.id quoiqui
    - param2 = hotel

    Arnaud

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Arnaud Garandeau (SWID) <nono...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Feb 6, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    Arnaud,
    As Francois suggested, if you are basically looking at capturing

    Operation (click, type etc.,)
    Locator being used (xpath, id, name etc)
    Value (in the case of textboxes )

    You should ideally be using the EventFiringWebDriver

    This gives you the capability of hooking in event listeners that get
    invoked *before* and *after* a WebDriver operation [click, type etc.,]
    happens.

    When you can get all of this information from the client side itself why
    would you be exploring the Proxy capabilities in the Grid ?
    [Yes it makes sense if you want to capture even the actions triggered by
    Actions, because EventFiringWebDriver DOESNOT capture this information]

    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

    On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Arnaud Garandeau (SWID)
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/nr-UWZyEZ0QJ.

  • François Reynaud at Feb 7, 2013 at 1:21 am
    the list of all the possible command, and all their param are documented
    here :
    http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/JsonWireProtocol

[...]

  • Arnaud Garandeau (SWID) at Feb 9, 2013 at 4:37 am
    Thank you François for your reply, I try in this way.