Hello Selenium users,

I have been using JUnit for my Selenium project for a while. Although i
tried my best to make it work with JUnit, i have decided to move to TestNG
since JUnit had so much limitations for functional and integration testing.

I am currently using IntelliJ Community Edition with maven. Is there any
plugin like in Eclipse that i can convert my JUnit tests to TestNG tests
scripts?
I see in the website testng.org that they have it for Intellij IDEA but not
sure if it's avaliable in free community edition.

So if anyone those who converted their JUnit scripts to TestNG, would share
their experience, that would be great.

Also some blog about using TestNG with Maven and Selenium would be helpful
as well.

Thanks

--

*- "If you haven't suffered, you haven't lived your life."*
**

Sirus

  • Mark Collin at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:30 pm
    There really isn't much to do, just delete your JUnit imports and then use
    ALT+RETURN to select TestNG ones instead.

    TestNG scripts in IntelliJ Community Edition?

[...]

  • Sirus tula at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:42 pm

    There really isn’t much to do, just delete your JUnit imports and then use
    ALT+RETURN to select TestNG ones instead.****

    ** **

    I have been using JUnit for my Selenium project for a while. Although i
    tried my best to make it work with JUnit, i have decided to move to TestNG
    since JUnit had so much limitations for functional and integration testing.
    ****

    ** **

    -- ****

    ****

    *- "If you haven't suffered, you haven't lived your life."*****

    ****

    Thanks,****

    ****

    Sirus****

    ** **

    ****

    *- "If you haven't suffered, you haven't lived your life."*
    **
    Thanks,

    Sirus

  • Sirus tula at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm
    Thank you Mark for your prompt response.

    Will the ALT+RETURN command change all the JUnit tests to TestNG types?

    Also, is there any blog or source that describes more about TestNG and
    differentiates with JUnit?

    Thank you again.

[...]

  • Sirus tula at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm
    I just deleted my JUnit Imports from my test. When I do ALT+ RETURN, it
    pops up Refactor menu command.

    Not sure what i am missing :P?

    Thanks again Mark.
[...]

  • Mark Collin at Dec 5, 2012 at 10:58 pm
    When you delete your imports a bunch of things should turn red.

    Put the cursor over the red text and hit ALT + RETURN and you should see a
    menu pop up that has an option of "Import class".

    You can then select the testing imports instead of the jUnit ones.