Hi All,

I am very new to Selenium, it will be great, if someone can help me here

1) We are trying to develop UI automation framework in selenium, we havent
selected the script; we have two option a) JAVA b) Python

any suggestion here ? our products is developed in Java, is there any
advantage if i use JAVA ?

2) Is there any way we can integrate with API call trough products jar
files ?

Example : in my test case, i am creating a component, performing
some operation and delete the component
I dont want to use UI automation for creating and
deleting the component, these two action need to be achieved achieved
trough API

Any thoughts ?

Regards,
Rayees

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Nov 30, 2012 at 2:17 am
    Rayees,
    I would urge you to go for java not because java is better than python [ I
    have no clue about python] but because if your company uses Java then you
    might want to try and keep the technology stack aligned with it.
    We have been using Java as the client bindings flavor.

    You could use test frameworks such as TestNG to drive your tests have build
    tools such as maven do project management for you and have jenkins do the
    continuous integration for you.

    Since your product is java based, in order for you to make API Calls from
    it you can just add your product jars to your build path [ dependency
    addition in Maven world ] and invoke it directly.
    I am very new to Selenium, it will be great, if someone can help me here

    1) We are trying to develop UI automation framework in selenium, we havent
    selected the script; we have two option a) JAVA b) Python

    any suggestion here ? our products is developed in Java, is there any
    advantage if i use JAVA ?

    2) Is there any way we can integrate with API call trough products jar
    files ?

    Example : in my test case, i am creating a component, performing
    some operation and delete the component
    I dont want to use UI automation for creating and
    deleting the component, these two action need to be achieved achieved
    trough API

    Any thoughts ?

    Regards,
    Rayees

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/PNLlsYpNPlUJ.

    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

  • Alex at Dec 3, 2012 at 11:03 am
    i am curios as to why you would want to make a new test framework. have you
    tried all the ones available? i haven't seen anyone try to do something
    that would require a new test framework.

    might want to tell your boss to reconsider. no point in wasting time and
    manpower on something with little to no benefit.