I was wondering if anyone has done Selenium automated tests that involved
Facebook integration that accesses Facebook user accounts for some activity
(login or more).

And if so, did you just use real but dummy Facebook accounts and hope
Facebook doesn't ban/delete the accounts due to TOS violation

or has anyone went a step further and make use of Facebook's test user API,
integrating with Selenium to do the testing the ideal/correct way (although
a bit sandboxed).

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/test_users/

  • Michael Wowro at Nov 10, 2012 at 7:31 pm
    Hallo David,

    I've seen just one WebApp connected to facebook-accounts yet and they used
    fake accounts.

    Yours Michael

  • Paul Harris at Nov 11, 2012 at 11:01 am
    I haven't actually done it for a selenium test but i have done this in an
    android application so the idea is pretty similar, It is actually fairly
    easy to do. I currently use the library created by jayway to be able to
    make the facebook users in a convenient java way. Have a look
    at http://www.jayway.com/2011/02/03/java-api-for-testing-facebook-application-integration/
    for more information
    I was wondering if anyone has done Selenium automated tests that involved
    Facebook integration that accesses Facebook user accounts for some activity
    (login or more).

    And if so, did you just use real but dummy Facebook accounts and hope
    Facebook doesn't ban/delete the accounts due to TOS violation

    or has anyone went a step further and make use of Facebook's test user
    API, integrating with Selenium to do the testing the ideal/correct way
    (although a bit sandboxed).

    http://developers.facebook.com/docs/test_users/
  • Michael Wowro at Nov 11, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    Hi Paul,

    thanks for the link - I'm sure I need to use it once ...

    Yours Michael

  • David at Nov 12, 2012 at 3:56 am
    Thanks for the info Paul, that seems useful, I may have use for it at some
    point.