Hi,

I am using Selenium IE Driver with Windows 7 - IE9.
As you know that IE9 provides earlier version of Browser Modes like IE7,
IE8 & IE9 (default).

I need to test each of my Tests in each of three browser modes (IE7/8/9),
Is it possible to switch to desired Browser Mode dynamically from Selenium ?

Thanks
Ritesh

  • Mike Riley at Nov 8, 2012 at 5:44 am
    That is what Grid is useful for.

    Mike
    I am using Selenium IE Driver with Windows 7 - IE9.
    As you know that IE9 provides earlier version of Browser Modes like IE7,
    IE8 & IE9 (default).

    I need to test each of my Tests in each of three browser modes (IE7/8/9),
    Is it possible to switch to desired Browser Mode dynamically from Selenium ?

    Thanks
    Ritesh
  • Mark Collin at Nov 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm
    I would suggest VM's with different versions of windows and IE.

    From personal experience I can guarantee that the various compatibility
    modes of IE are not the same as using a real version of the browser, and
    they sometimes bring up their own unique errors that do not occur in IE9 or
    the browser they are trying to emulate.

    I am using Selenium IE Driver with Windows 7 - IE9.

    As you know that IE9 provides earlier version of Browser Modes like IE7, IE8
    & IE9 (default).

    I need to test each of my Tests in each of three browser modes (IE7/8/9), Is
    it possible to switch to desired Browser Mode dynamically from Selenium ?

    Thanks

    Ritesh

  • Sachin poovaiah at Dec 17, 2012 at 8:23 am
    Hi Ritesh,

    You certainly cant invoke desired version of IE using selenium. If you are
    conducting compatability tests then you can use VMWare (Virtual
    environment) where you can install different version of IE and run your
    tests.

    Regards,
    Sachin

  • Rameshnss at Dec 20, 2012 at 5:36 am
    Hi Ritesh,

    Did you find any solution for IE9 compatibility mode issues. I'm using IE
    driver for testing. Manually we turn off the compatibility mode for IE9.
    But IE driver always comes with Mode ON..
    Please let me know do you have any solutions for me...

    Thanks
    Ramesh