Friends,

I am trying to run the JUnit 4 test cases in parallel using TestNG. But I
failed. Received the below error.

org.testng.TestNGException:
Failure in JUnit mode for class com.**.TestCase: could not create/run JUnit
test suite:
Cannot find JUnit method class junit.framework.TestSuite$1.warning

Running the test cases in parallel by generating xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
<suite thread-count="4" name="TestCasessuite" parallel="tests">
<test name="TestCase" junit="true" preserve-order="false">
<classes>
<class name="com.test.TestCase"/>
</classes>
</test>
<test name="TestCase1" junit="true" preserve-order="false">
<classes>
<class name="com.test.TestCases1"/>
</classes>
</test>
</suite>

But for JUnit 3 it is working fine.

Please let me know any solution/suggestion.

Thanks

  • Peter Gale at Sep 20, 2012 at 11:52 am
    There's no specifically Selenium content to this question ... wouldn't you be better off asking it on a jUnit forum?

    I am trying to run the JUnit 4 test cases in parallel using TestNG. But I failed. Received the below error.
    org.testng.TestNGException:
    Failure in JUnit mode for class com.**.TestCase: could not create/run JUnit test suite: Cannot find JUnit method class junit.framework.TestSuite$1.warning
    Running the test cases in parallel by generating xml file.
    But for JUnit 3 it is working fine.
    Please let me know any solution/suggestion.
    Thanks

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/PsxBAqTFs0YJ.

  • Vasuki at Sep 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    Actually, am trying to run selenium webdriver test cases in parallel using
    testng

    On Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:14:58 PM UTC+5:30,

    ------------------------------
[...]

  • Peter Gale at Sep 20, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    So what? .. it's a TestNG issue and not a Selenium one ... would you ask your Selenium questions on a TestNG forum?

    Actually, am trying to run selenium webdriver test cases in parallel using testng

    There's no specifically Selenium content to this question ... wouldn't you be better off asking it on a jUnit forum?

    I am trying to run the JUnit 4 test cases in parallel using TestNG. But I failed. Received the below error.
    org.testng.TestNGException:
    Failure in JUnit mode for class com.**.TestCase: could not create/run JUnit test suite: Cannot find JUnit method class junit.framework.TestSuite$1.warning
    Running the test cases in parallel by generating xml file.
    But for JUnit 3 it is working fine.
    Please let me know any solution/suggestion.
    Thanks

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/PsxBAqTFs0YJ.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/zxvacP5BD2EJ.

  • Vasuki at Sep 20, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    For selenium RC + TestNG, I got the solution from this group. So I asked my
    question here.

    On Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:48:23 PM UTC+5:30,
[...]

  • Peter Gale at Sep 20, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    Maybe you did get an answer to a non-Selenium issue here, but are trying to keep the forum for specifically Selenium related issues only. Sometimes the technologies overlap but there is clearly no Selenium aspect to your question.

    Answering an issue that should not really have been raised here degrades the forum and its reputation as a reliable source answer to Selenium related issues, and only encourages more people to raise issues inappropriately.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/nDxXRS3XMeoJ.