But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

Thanks
Selvi

  • Peter Gale at Aug 30, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    Have you installed Firefox on your Windows 7 machine?

    Or is it already running?

    Are you using a Firefox profile?

    Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:54:24 -0700
    Subject: [selenium-users] How to run selenium RC script with firefox on windows 7
    From: selvikumar@gmail.com
    To: selenium-users@googlegroups.com

    Hi,
    I'm trying to run firefox on windows 7, but getting error "Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data.
    But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

    ThanksSelvi

  • Selvi Sundaram at Aug 30, 2012 at 7:05 pm
    Yes, I did. I installed firefox 15 first and thought it could be the
    version issue, so downloaded firefox 3.6. But till the same issue.
    I'm not using any Firefox profile.

    ------------------------------
    I'm trying to run firefox on windows 7, but getting error "Failed to start
    new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data.

    But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

    Thanks
    Selvi

  • Peter Gale at Aug 30, 2012 at 7:17 pm
    Do you have Firefox already running? The error message seems to indicate that it is.

    It is usually best to create a dedicated profile in Firefox and use that for your WebDriver tests, then you can also have your default profile open at the same time for personal use. Can't tell you the code for instantiating a name profile off the top of my head (not at work just now) but there should be numerous threads where it is mentioned.

    I'm trying to run firefox on windows 7, but getting error "Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data.
    But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

    ThanksSelvi

  • Selvi Sundaram at Aug 30, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    I don't have my firefox running. But I forgot to mention that I'm using RC
    1.0.1 not selenium 2 , so do I still have to create a dedicated profile in
    Firefox.

    Do you have Firefox already running? The error message seems to indicate
    that it is.

    It is usually best to create a dedicated profile in Firefox and use that
    for your WebDriver tests, then you can also have your default profile open
    at the same time for personal use. Can't tell you the code for
    instantiating a name profile off the top of my head (not at work just now)
    but there should be numerous threads where it is mentioned.

    ------------------------------

    I'm trying to run firefox on windows 7, but getting error "Failed to start
    new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data.

    But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

    Thanks
    Selvi

  • Peter Gale at Aug 30, 2012 at 7:39 pm
    I'm not an RC user, so I couldn't tell you, to be honest. RC 1.0.1 sounds very old though, it may well not be compatible with Firefox 3.6 even, you'd best double check that.

    If you are a new user, though, then WebDriver (Selenium 2) is the recommended basis for your testing.

    (And I'd check there's no hidden Firefox process that can only be seem through task manager, too.)

    I don't have my firefox running. But I forgot to mention that I'm using RC 1.0.1 not selenium 2 , so do I still have to create a dedicated profile in Firefox.

    Do you have Firefox already running? The error message seems to indicate that it is.

    It is usually best to create a dedicated profile in Firefox and use that for your WebDriver tests, then you can also have your default profile open at the same time for personal use. Can't tell you the code for instantiating a name profile off the top of my head (not at work just now) but there should be numerous threads where it is mentioned.

    I'm trying to run firefox on windows 7, but getting error "Failed to start new browser session, shutdown browser and clear all session data.
    But, it is working fine on chrome, Can somebody please help me on this.

    ThanksSelvi

  • Selvi Sundaram at Aug 30, 2012 at 8:22 pm
    RC 1.0.1 works fine on windows XP firefox..it's just Windows 7 firefox. I'm
    planning to migrate it to 2..but not for now.

    Thank you so much for your time.
    Selvi