Hi

I have 3 machines, One machine ( desktop ) i got (for IE7 testing) recently
where i have IE7 browser and it's windows XP machine. Issue with this new
machine is : I am not able to navigate to any URL after opening the
browser through selenium (webdriver). Just opening up the browser that's
it it is not going further and it is not throwing any errors also so i am
not able to figure out the issue. Did anyone face this kind of error ? if
so please let me know the solution.

Basically driver.get is not working. please let me know if anyone faced
this issue.

just fyi - other browsers (i.e. firefox and chrome ) are working fine on
the same machine.

Thanks

  • Praveen at Aug 28, 2012 at 11:19 am
    While working on IE., make sure that the protection mode is set uniform.
    Secondly, try using "http:\\<<your_website_url>>".

    Try this and let us know if there is any luck.

    I have 3 machines, One machine ( desktop ) i got (for IE7 testing)
    recently where i have IE7 browser and it's windows XP machine. Issue with
    this new machine is : I am not able to navigate to any URL after opening
    the browser through selenium (webdriver). Just opening up the browser
    that's it it is not going further and it is not throwing any errors also so
    i am not able to figure out the issue. Did anyone face this kind of error ?
    if so please let me know the solution.

    Basically driver.get is not working. please let me know if anyone faced
    this issue.

    just fyi - other browsers (i.e. firefox and chrome ) are working fine on
    the same machine.

    Thanks
  • Raju at Aug 28, 2012 at 6:01 pm
    Protection mode won't present in IE7 ( On Window XP ). Try URL like
    whatever you suggested, But No LUCK. But normally if it fails for any
    PROTECTION related issues, it displays the same on console but it seems
    like script in infinite loop ( not doing anything ), if it errors out then
    i can figure out the issue :(.

[...]

  • Darrell Grainger at Aug 29, 2012 at 12:03 am
    Which version of Selenium? Are you use IDE? Java? python? Do you have a code snippet?

  • Raju at Aug 29, 2012 at 12:51 am
    Selenium Version : 2.21
    Language : JAVA
    Environment : Eclipse
    Browser : IE 7
    OS : WINDOWS XP SP3 ( 32 bit ).

    Here is the code:-

    private WebDriver driver;

    driver = new InternetExplorerDriver();
    driver.get("http://www.google.com");

    Driver browser opening is happening properly, but GET (Navigate) to URL
    is not working.

    Other browsers (firefox and chrome) are working fine. Only IE not working.
    May be some IE setting issue, but not able to figure out as it is not
    throwing any message on console.

    Thanks

    Which version of Selenium? Are you use IDE? Java? python? Do you have a
    code snippet?
  • Jim Evans at Aug 29, 2012 at 3:30 am
    This is exactly the sort of thing that the logging options for IEDriverServer.exe were designed for. It might be useful to bump the logging for that. Note: I'm not sure exactly the syntax to enable it for the Java language bindings, but I'm sure there are examples floating about.

  • Raju at Aug 29, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    Ok. Thanks! I will try.
    This is exactly the sort of thing that the logging options for
    IEDriverServer.exe were designed for. It might be useful to bump the
    logging for that. Note: I'm not sure exactly the syntax to enable it for
    the Java language bindings, but I'm sure there are examples floating about.
  • Raju at Aug 29, 2012 at 8:51 pm
    I have tried in the following way...

    System.setProperty("webdriver.ie.driver",
    "C:\\IE7Server\\IEDriverServer.exe");
    driver = new InternetExplorerDriver();
    driver.get("http://www.google.com");

    Downloaded and extracted IEDriverServer in some folder and given the same
    in setproperty like chrome and this is what people suggested when i
    googled, but no LUCK. Also tried with environmental variable %PATH% but
    did not work. May be i will google further.

    thx