Hi,

I am using Selenium 2 WebDriver, Junit 4 and Eclipse. I haven't done any of
Selenium Grid yet. I opened two IE windows using the same driver and use
"switchTo" method between two browsers. I am absolutely fine with running
junit tests from Eclipse but when I attempted to export my project to an
executable jar file and run it from the desktop, one of the two IE windows
closed in the middle of the test EVERY SINGLE TIME. So far, I have observed
the following sequence of failure...open the first IE window, go to the
required site --> Open the second IE, go to the required site --> switch
back to the first IE ---> switch back to second IE and boom! The first IE
closed which is supposed to stay opened until I close it.

  • Moises Siles at Aug 8, 2012 at 9:39 pm
    are you using the latest version of webdriver? and windows xp, vista, 7??
    I am using Selenium 2 WebDriver, Junit 4 and Eclipse. I haven't done any
    of Selenium Grid yet. I opened two IE windows using the same driver and use
    "switchTo" method between two browsers. I am absolutely fine with running
    junit tests from Eclipse but when I attempted to export my project to an
    executable jar file and run it from the desktop, one of the two IE windows
    closed in the middle of the test EVERY SINGLE TIME. So far, I have observed
    the following sequence of failure...open the first IE window, go to the
    required site --> Open the second IE, go to the required site --> switch
    back to the first IE ---> switch back to second IE and boom! The first IE
    closed which is supposed to stay opened until I close it.

  • Zaw win at Aug 8, 2012 at 10:06 pm
    I am using Selenium-ie-driver-2.23.1, junit 4.9, and window 7.
    are you using the latest version of webdriver? and windows xp, vista, 7??

    On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM, zaw win <zawnai...@gmail.com <javascript:>

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/flBded7jlowJ.