I am using Selenium WebDriver.
My Browser Page has the Following Property:
1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
2. The parent Window Disabled
3. Child Window only Enabled

My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver couldn't
identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also. It does
not Work.

Soon Reply most appreciated

Regards
Azar

  • Sandy at Jul 30, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    I would suggest you to use Window focus
    selenium.windowFocus();

    use webdriverbackedselenium for this fuunctionality...

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar
  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:17 am
    Hi Sandy, I could not get your Point, can you give me some sample.

    Regards
    Azar
    use webdriverbackedselenium for this fuunctionality...

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar
  • Mark Collin at Jul 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    Sounds like a lightbox, not a popup.

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver couldn't
    identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also. It does not
    Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:17 am
    Yes Mark, you are correct
    Regards
    Azar
    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:20 am
    Hi,

    My Lightbox have Form control only with that, It is not iframe also.
    Regards
    Azar

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:41 am
    Hi,
    I have attached Lighbox form in the attachement.
    My Lightbox have Form control only with that, It is not iframe also.
    Regards
    Azar

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Manoj hans at Jul 31, 2012 at 8:55 am
    I think you need not to switch on lightbox. you can directly interact with
    the elements.

    I have attached Lighbox form in the attachement.
    My Lightbox have Form control only with that, It is not iframe also.
    Regards
    Azar

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 9:05 am
    That also not working Manoj

  • Mark Collin at Jul 31, 2012 at 9:24 am
    Can you show us your test code please so we can see what you are trying to
    do.

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver couldn't
    identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also. It does not
    Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 9:57 am
    System.out.println("Before Pop Up" );

      browserDriver.findElementById("AddUser").click(); //Triggers Lightbox
    window as mentioned in attachment

    System.out.println("After Pop Up" );

      System.out.println("A : " + browserDriver.getCurrentUrl());

    //Need to Enter Name, age , Click save in Light box Window

    System.out.println("B : " );

  • Azar at Aug 1, 2012 at 7:23 am
    One More observation, after clicking the
      browserDriver.findElementById("AddUser").click(); //Triggers Lightbox
    window as mentioned in attachment

    The code not going to System.out.println("After Pop Up" ); itself, why?

    Soonest Reply will be more appreciated.

    Regards
    Azar

  • Swar17 at Aug 21, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    HI Azar,
    Did you find a way to get this working?
    I am also getting the same problem with Lightbox
    Let me know please.
    Thanks
    One More observation, after clicking the
    browserDriver.findElementById("AddUser").click(); //Triggers Lightbox
    window as mentioned in attachment

    The code not going to System.out.println("After Pop Up" ); itself, why?

    Soonest Reply will be more appreciated.

    Regards
    Azar
  • Mark Collin at Aug 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    What is findElementById? It's not a command I recognise.

    What language are you using?

                             browserDriver.findElementById("AddUser").click();
    //Triggers Lightbox window as mentioned in attachment

                             System.out.println("After Pop Up" );

                             System.out.println("A : " +
    browserDriver.getCurrentUrl());

    //Need to Enter Name, age , Click save in Light box Window

                             System.out.println("B : " );

  • Mike Riley at Aug 22, 2012 at 9:17 pm
    It is the same as doing findElement(By.id()), but it save 3 characters. It
    is part of WebDriver and I use it for cases where I don't need to pass or
    save the By.id().

    Mike
    What is findElementById? It’s not a command I recognise.

    What language are you using?

    browserDriver.findElementById("AddUser").click();
    //Triggers Lightbox window as mentioned in attachment

    System.out.println("After Pop Up" );

    System.out.println("A : " +
    browserDriver.getCurrentUrl());

    //Need to Enter Name, age , Click save in Light box Window

    System.out.println("B : " );

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/selenium-users/-/4PvUBxK3MvwJ.

  • Manoj hans at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:58 am
    Hi azar...can u post the link where lightbox is take place...???

    Regards
    Manoj

    My Lightbox have Form control only with that, It is not iframe also.
    Regards
    Azar

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered

    2. The parent Window Disabled

    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards

    Azar

  • Manoj hans at Jul 30, 2012 at 6:28 pm
    Hi Azar....it could be modal dialog....

    String ParentWindowHandle =driver.getWindowHandle(); (This is
    for Parent Window Id)
            System.out.println(driver.getTitle()); (Parent window title)
            driver.findElement(By.id("popupwindow")).click();(it will open modal
    dialog popup window)
            Set<String> availableWindows =driver.getWindowHandles();(get all the
    window handles after the modal popup window appears)
            System.out.println(availableWindows.size());
            int Windows = 2;
            if (availableWindows.size()==Windows) {
            String popUpWindowHandle = null;
            for (String popupwindow : availableWindows) {
               if(!availableWindows.equals( ParentWindowHandle))
                       popUpWindowHandle= popupwindow;
                       driver.switchTo().window(popUpWindowHandle); (Switch to
    modal dialog popup window)
                     System.out.println(driver.getTitle()); (Verify modal
    dialog title)

    Regards
    Manoj Hans

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar
  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:17 am
    Hi Manoj,

    I tried this, but the Problem is after triggered the Pop up, it could not
    catch any window Handles.... :(

    Regards
    Azar
[...]

  • Stefan Teixeira at Jul 31, 2012 at 12:11 am
    Hi Azarudeen, have you already tried the alert.accept() method?
    It should look like driver.switchTo().alert().accept().

    Regards,
    Stefan.

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar

  • Azar at Jul 31, 2012 at 6:16 am
    Hi Stefen, Its not working...
    Hi Azarudeen, have you already tried the alert.accept() method?
    It should look like driver.switchTo().alert().accept().

    Regards,
    Stefan.

    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar

  • Swar17 at Aug 21, 2012 at 5:26 pm
    Hi Azar,
    Were you able to resolve this? I m facing the same issue and looking for a
    solution.
    Thanks
    My Browser Page has the Following Property:
    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    My Code works till trigger the Pop Up Window, after that webdriver
    couldn't identify anything. Tried Window Handles before after popup also.
    It does not Work.

    Soon Reply most appreciated

    Regards
    Azar
  • Sathish Arukonda at Feb 3, 2014 at 4:13 pm
    Hi All,

    I am facing similar issue, could anybody please help on this.

    1. Whenever the Popup window link Triggered
    2. The parent Window Disabled
    3. Child Window only Enabled

    After popup window opened my webdriver script hanged out.

    Thanks in advance.

  • Vk at Feb 4, 2014 at 7:44 am
    Have u tried applying wait conditions "implicit-explicit"

    Also get ur code in try catch block so as u can catch any exceptions that are occurring!!

    Regards
    Vibhu

  • Sathish Arukonda at Feb 4, 2014 at 11:22 am
    Hi Vibhu

    I have tried with "implicit-explicit" wait conditions and try catch blocks
    but no change..