Hello,

I'm trying to use IEDriverServer.exe to register a selenium node windows
(OS : 2008 R2). This node has a selenium hub linux.
I'm using slenium.jar version 2.25.0

The command I used in windows for registering to the hub:
java -jar selenium.jar -role node -Dwebdriver.ie.driver="C:\Program
Files\IEDriverServer.exe"
-hub http://i-00000098.novalocal:4444/grid/register -port 5551 -nodeConfig
C:\ProgramData\conf.txt

The IEDriverServer.exe path is declared in the environment path and we can
execute it manuel.

When I run the command for registering to the hub. It cannot finish. It
stoped always at :
"INFO : Launching a selenium grid node
Setting system property webdriver.ie.driver to
C:\Programfiles\IEDriverServer.exe"

Does somebody know the problem ?

  • David at Jul 24, 2012 at 6:26 pm
    Well, if the driver server is already in the environment path, then you
    wouldn't need to set the system property. That's only when not set in the
    environment path. But that is interesting issue you brought up.
    I'm trying to use IEDriverServer.exe to register a selenium node windows
    (OS : 2008 R2). This node has a selenium hub linux.
    I'm using slenium.jar version 2.25.0

    The command I used in windows for registering to the hub:
    java -jar selenium.jar -role node -Dwebdriver.ie.driver="C:\Program
    Files\IEDriverServer.exe"
    -hub http://i-00000098.novalocal:4444/grid/register -port 5551
    -nodeConfig C:\ProgramData\conf.txt

    The IEDriverServer.exe path is declared in the environment path and we can
    execute it manuel.

    When I run the command for registering to the hub. It cannot finish. It
    stoped always at :
    "INFO : Launching a selenium grid node
    Setting system property webdriver.ie.driver to
    C:\Programfiles\IEDriverServer.exe"

    Does somebody know the problem ?

  • Shirley at Jul 26, 2012 at 9:11 am
    Hello,