cases related to it get invoked.
Any ideas how can i accomplish it?

Thanks a ton!!

  • Peter Gale at Jul 12, 2012 at 1:22 pm
    What exactly do you mean by jUnit server side code?

    Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:17:45 -0700
    From: kamat.varada@gmail.com
    To: selenium-users@googlegroups.com
    Subject: [selenium-users] Integration of selenium with server side code

    Hello,
    I need to integrate the selenium ide test cases with junit server side code test cases. For example, if one selenium test case fails, the junit test cases related to it get invoked. Any ideas how can i accomplish it?
    Thanks a ton!!

  • Varada kamat at Jul 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm
    checking connections with database and other components.

    On Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:22:41 PM UTC+1, PeterJef...@Hotmail.co.uk
    What exactly do you mean by jUnit server side code?

    ------------------------------
    I need to integrate the selenium ide test cases with junit server side
    code test cases. For example, if one selenium test case fails, the junit
    test cases related to it get invoked.
    Any ideas how can i accomplish it?

    Thanks a ton!!

  • Peter Gale at Jul 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    Wouldn't the proper way to do that be to check your connections with database and other components as part of your automated deployment on the server itself, and then to use a trigger mechanism that causes your functional tests to start once you deployment has completed successfully.

    if necessary I suppose you could run the the same sequence from the server manually, not just automatically after a build.

    You could use ftp to send a trigger file which indicates that the deployment and/or server side tests have completed successully, for example. We're actually using an email as the trigger mechanism.

    On your client machine you'd need to have some polling mechanism that checks for the trigger mechanism and starts the call.

    Alternatively, you may be able to instantiate a direct call across you network to start the tests on the client machine.

    If you really wanted you could run the client tests before teh server tests, but that just seems totally the wrong way round to me.

    checking connections with database and other components.

    What exactly do you mean by jUnit server side code?

    I need to integrate the selenium ide test cases with junit server side code test cases. For example, if one selenium test case fails, the junit test cases related to it get invoked. Any ideas how can i accomplish it?
    Thanks a ton!!

  • Varada kamat at Jul 15, 2012 at 5:52 am
    Could you please elaborate on how to go about it then?

    thanks!