I have 40 around tests stored in my dataprovider which has to be executed
in parallel using testng. I have overriden onTestStart and onTestStop
methods to startSeleniumSession() and closeSeleniumSession() and using this
selenium session inside my test method. though I have set my dataprovider
to run in "parallel" all my tests are running in sequence. Can anyone point
me to any documentation which have more details about this kind of
configuration?

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Jun 28, 2012 at 1:46 am
    What version of TestNG are you seeing this on?
    In 6.5.2 there was a bug related to parallelism which Cedric fixed.
    How are you stating that your tests are running in sequence ? (please try
    printing the Thread ids to be sure about this)
    I have 40 around tests stored in my dataprovider which has to be executed
    in parallel using testng. I have overriden onTestStart and onTestStop
    methods to startSeleniumSession() and closeSeleniumSession() and using this
    selenium session inside my test method. though I have set my dataprovider
    to run in "parallel" all my tests are running in sequence. Can anyone point
    me to any documentation which have more details about this kind of
    configuration?

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-users?hl=en-US.

    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

  • Padmavathi Potanapalli at Jun 28, 2012 at 6:46 am
    I have printed thread Id and it's always coming as "82".Here is my
    dataprovider and my test class. I am using TestNG 6.3.jar
    @DataProvider (name = "paymentsProfile",parallel=true)
    private Object[][] PaymentsProfileDataProvider() {
    return new Object[][] {
    {PaymentsProfileExecutionFlow.FLOW1, "iriskycpre1@amazon.com
    ","123456",EmailStatus.UNVERIFIED,CCStatus.UNVERIFIED,BAStatus.UNVERIFIED,TaxStatus.MISSING_TAX_INFO,KYCStatus.KYC_PASSED},
    {PaymentsProfileExecutionFlow.FLOW1, "iriskycpre2@amazon.com
    ","123456",EmailStatus.VERIFIED,CCStatus.UNVERIFIED,BAStatus.UNVERIFIED,TaxStatus.MISSING_TAX_INFO,KYCStatus.KYC_PASSED},
    {PaymentsProfileExecutionFlow.FLOW1, "iriskycpre3@amazon.com
    ","123456",EmailStatus.VERIFIED,CCStatus.VERIFIED,BAStatus.UNVERIFIED,TaxStatus.MISSING_TAX_INFO,KYCStatus.KYC_PASSED},

    }
    @Test(dataProvider="paymentsProfile",enabled=true)
    public void testAnything(PaymentsProfileExecutionFlow flowToExecute,
    String email, String password, EmailStatus isEmailVerified, CCStatus
    isCCVerified, BAStatus isBAVerified, TaxStatus taxStatus, KYCStatus
    kycStatus ) {

    log.debug("Thread number: "+Thread.currentThread().getId());
    Selenium selenium = this.getSelenium();

    // Selenium selenium = getThreadLocalSelenium();
    SeleniumHelper.sleep(8000);
    switch(flowToExecute) {
    case FLOW1:
    atleastOneUnverifiedFlow(selenium, email, password,
    isEmailVerified, isCCVerified, isBAVerified, taxStatus, kycStatus); break;
    case FLOW2:
    allVerifiedFlow(selenium, email, password, isEmailVerified,
    isCCVerified, isBAVerified, taxStatus, kycStatus); break;
    case FLOW3:
    kycFailedFlow(selenium, email, password, isEmailVerified,