Also have same issue.I'm working with Grid2,IE9 + proxy
Running grid from command line:
C:\Users\helleny\Downloads>java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.23.1.jar
-role wd
-Dwebdriver.ie.driver="C:\Users\helleny\Downloads\IEDriverServer_Win32_2.23.1\IEDriverServer.exe"
-hub http://192.168.67.3:4444/grid/register -nodeConfig webconfig.txt
"Accept: application/json"

Using following webconfig:
{
"capabilities":
[
{
"browserName":"firefox",
"acceptSslCerts":true,
"javascriptEnabled":true,
"takesScreenshot":true,
"firefox_profile":"",
"maxInstances":5
},
{
"browserName":"chrome",
"maxInstances":5
},
{
"browserName":"internet explorer",
"maxInstances":2,
"platform":WINDOWS
}
],
"configuration":
{
"cleanUpCycle":2000,
"timeout":30000,

"proxy":"org.openqa.grid.selenium.proxy.WebDriverRemoteProxy",
"maxSession":1,
"port": 5556,
"host": 172.20.20.155,
"register" = true ,
"hubPort" : 4444,
"hubHost" : 192.168.67.3

My Test code:

@Test
public void RmmExplorer1Test () throws MalformedURLException,
InterruptedException{
try
{
String PROXY = "192.168.67.115:3128";
org.openqa.selenium.Proxy proxy = new org.openqa.selenium.Proxy();
DesiredCapabilities cap= DesiredCapabilities.internetExplorer();
cap.setBrowserName("internet explorer");
cap.setPlatform(org.openqa.selenium.Platform.ANY);
cap.setCapability(CapabilityType.PROXY, proxy);
driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://192.168.67.3:4444/wd/hub"),
cap);
cap.setJavascriptEnabled(true);
driver.get(website);
}
catch(Throwable e1)
{
System.out.println("IllegalStateException: " + e1.getMessage());

Get following exception:
IllegalStateException: exec return code 1: ERROR: Cannot create a stable
subkey under a volatile parent key.

No Issue when working without proxy!!

Please help me to resolve the issue.
Thank You

בתאריך יום שני, 19 בספטמבר 2011 21:49:40 UTC+3, מאת Miriam Rosenblum:
A few weeks ago my hard drive crashed and was replaced. Ever since
then
I have been unable to run Selenium which we use for testing the
application my team is developing. Selenium starts up ok but when it
attempts to bring up an IE browser window it fails and this error
appears in the Selenium log:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: exec return code 1: Error:
Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key.
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.WindowsUtils
$WindowsRegistry
Exception.<init>(WindowsUtils.java:647)

It appears that Selenium is trying to write to the registry and
cannot.
I've checked the version of windows that I'm running and it's the same
as other developers who are not having this issue (5.1 with service
pack
3).

Any help would be appreciated.

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Jun 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm

    Also have same issue.I'm working with Grid2,IE9 + proxy
    Running grid from command line:
    C:\Users\helleny\Downloads>java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.23.1.jar
    -role wd
    -Dwebdriver.ie.driver="C:\Users\helleny\Downloads\IEDriverServer_Win32_2.23.1\IEDriverServer.exe"
    -hub http://192.168.67.3:4444/grid/register -nodeConfig webconfig.txt
    "Accept: application/json"
    And how are you starting the hub? This is only the command to start the
    node.
    Using following webconfig:
    {
    "capabilities":
    [
    {
    "browserName":"firefox",
    "acceptSslCerts":true,
    "javascriptEnabled":true,
    "takesScreenshot":true,
    "firefox_profile":"",
    "maxInstances":5
    },
    {
    "browserName":"chrome",
    "maxInstances":5
    },
    {
[...]

    Shouldnt you be setting tthe PROXY value to the proxy object here?

[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-users?hl=en-US.

    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

  • Hellen yaskin at Jun 19, 2012 at 5:53 am
    Starting hub with following command:
    java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.21.0.jar -role hub

    Here is the last updated Test: I think i missed the PROXY row:
    public void RmmExplorerTest () throws MalformedURLException,
    InterruptedException{
    try
    {
    String PROXY = "192.168.67.209:3128";
    Proxy_New proxy = new Proxy_New();
    org.openqa.selenium.Proxy proxy = new org.openqa.selenium.Proxy();
    proxy.setHttpProxy(PROXY);
    DesiredCapabilities cap= DesiredCapabilities.internetExplorer();
    cap.setBrowserName("internet explorer");
    cap.setCapability(CapabilityType.PROXY, proxy);
    driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://192.168.67.3:4444/wd/hub"),
    cap);
    driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(30, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
    cap.setJavascriptEnabled(true);
    driver.get(website);
    }
    catch(Throwable e1)
    {
    System.out.println("IllegalStateException: " + e1.getMessage());

    בתאריך יום שני, 18 ביוני 2012 22:51:55 UTC+3, מאת Krishnan:

[...]

  • Hellen yaskin at Jun 19, 2012 at 5:57 am
    בתאריך יום שלישי, 19 ביוני 2012 08:53:34 UTC+3, מאת hellen yaskin: