I have been working on a voucher system so when a selected voucher type
is picked e.g. "Birthday" it will send a specific style voucher to the user
by email. My test needs to check that the style is there but it cant seem
to read the emails with selenium. Im using yahoo mail and the emails are in
a html format. Any one have any ideas why i cant read the email?

Thanks,
Shaun

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Jun 14, 2012 at 8:59 am
    Assuming you are using java, check here :
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3219708/how-to-read-google-yahoo-mail-inbox-using-java

    You are better off reading the mails using APIs than relying on Selenium to
    login to the mail account and doing things via browser. Not much of a
    control and too much work.

    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

    I have been working on a voucher system so when a selected voucher
    type is picked e.g. "Birthday" it will send a specific style voucher to the
    user by email. My test needs to check that the style is there but it cant
    seem to read the emails with selenium. Im using yahoo mail and the emails
    are in a html format. Any one have any ideas why i cant read the email?

    Thanks,
    Shaun

  • Shaun Wiseman at Jun 14, 2012 at 9:39 am
    I dont see that working with what I need to do Im looking for an image
    thats in the email?

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at Jun 14, 2012 at 10:05 am
    AFAIK JavaMail API gives you every mail as a text/plain as well as a
    text/html format. You should be able to work with the text/html format of
    the email and then verify whatever you would need to

    Moreover since your initial post never mentioned you wanted to infact work
    with an image in the email (Unless ofcourse I missed reading that part) I
    ended up suggesting JavaMailAPI over Selenium.