Hey all,

I am an IT administrator looking to get a fairly large scale
deployment of grid2 up and running for our developers. In our initial
tests with 1 hub and approx 40 nodes we are already seeing some IO
errors and time outs. Can anyone here point me towards or provide some
best practices on larger deployments? Right now we routinely have test
suites of around 13k tests that are taking 13 hours on average to run
on a small 1 hub 4 node setup testing drupal web apps with testng. We
really want to get this down to around 1 hour, but haven't found much
info on deployments of this scale. Like I said before, any tips,
tricks, best practices would be very helpful in getting us going.

Additional info:

In our initial tests, we have been running everything on RHEL 6
virtual machines with 3ghz of allocated cpu, and 1 gig of allocated
ram, NFS storage, firefox browsers.

  • Tnorwood at May 29, 2012 at 11:55 am
    Can anyone at least give some guidance as to the safe max number of
    nodes before things start falling apart? Any help at all would be
    greatly appreciated...

    Thomas
[...]

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at May 29, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    Max number of nodes as in? Care to elaborate more on what you are looking
    for?

    .
    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Krishnan Mahadevan

    "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
    or in love with someone else!"

  • Krishnan Mahadevan at May 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    Pls ignore my previous note. Didnt see your earlier note. What version of
    selenium are you working with?
[...]

  • Tnorwood at May 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm
    2.21 I believe, whatever the current version on the website is.
[...]

  • Mark Collin at May 29, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    To be honest the best place for a query like this would be the Selenium IRC
    channel:

    #selenium at Freenode (irc.freenode.net)

    Lots of the committers are there throughout the day and if you are lucky
    you'll get hold of Francois Reynaud or Kevin Menard (The driving force
    behind grid2) who are probably the best placed to answer your question.

    I'm sure they look in here as well but it's easy for an individual query to
    get lost in the tsunami of questions that appear on this list daily :)