Hi All,

I have written a framework using webdriver, unfortunately not all testers
are happy to use it at present but they want to be able to use some of it's
functionality. Currently it is all packaged up into a jar file, is there a
way for me to write a user extension which sends the 'instance of selenium'
(the browser) that they are interacting with to the jar file and then for
the jar to interact dependant on the action they are trying to perform? I
guess the real question is can a selenium ide extension access the browser
and pass it to java in a way that java can use it as a selenium instance?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
James

  • Paul Grandjean at May 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm
    Not a way of doing that. The IDE isn't that sophisticated.

    Paul

    I have written a framework using webdriver, unfortunately not all testers
    are happy to use it at present but they want to be able to use some of it's
    functionality. Currently it is all packaged up into a jar file, is there a
    way for me to write a user extension which sends the 'instance of selenium'
    (the browser) that they are interacting with to the jar file and then for
    the jar to interact dependant on the action they are trying to perform? I
    guess the real question is can a selenium ide extension access the browser
    and pass it to java in a way that java can use it as a selenium instance?

    Thanks for any help.

    Cheers,
    James

  • James at May 21, 2012 at 11:05 pm
    Thanks Paul, I take it I can get the html of the page though and pass that
    through to the jar file and get a string back?

    Cheers,
    James