I am trying to port selenium 1 tests to Selenium 2
(WebDriverBackedSelenium). So far, I had thought to have solved all
problems on my Linux machine (64bit), and it seems to work fine with
Firefox 3.6. However, now I try to run these tests on a Windows XP
(32bit) and I see the following problem with Firefox 3.6 (amongst
others [32bit-IE8 with version Selenium 2.21 does not even work as
reported by numerous other people]):
In general in textarea fields, it takes a while until a bigger
sequence is in the field. I have a test which checks the error message
which appears, if there is too much in the field (more than 4000
letters). This test fails currently (timeout), because it takes too
long until the sequence of letters is in.

But worse, if I add a sequence of capital letters, I can see basically
each letter being added (slower then when I am typing). (As if, it has
to click first the shift key and then the actual letter key, but
waiting a couple of milliseconds in between)

Thanks for looking at this. Have not found anything about this in the
forum.
Jonas

  • Mark Collin at May 15, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    Can you show us your test code, we may be able to see something that could
    cause performance issues.

[...]

  • Mark Collin at May 16, 2012 at 10:53 am
    Can you try switching from an XPath locator to a CSS one. You may be
    suffering from bad JavaScript performance.

    It would be interesting to see if the locator is found again for each key
    sent, if so this could be the cause of the performance issue.