Hi Team,

1.Can any one of you help whether with selenium can we do performance
testing.
2.We know that Jmeter can do that,whether we can write selenese code
to do our performance testing.If yes please post a sample code which
carries performance for Login operation or search peration.

Thanks in advance,
Raghunandan.

  • Arun Kumaresan at Apr 30, 2012 at 7:51 am
    I dont have the details but I vaguely remember reading some forum that
    Selenium can be integrated with JMeter and you can run JMeter scripts
    using selenium.

    1.Can any one of you help whether with selenium can we do performance
    testing.
    2.We know that Jmeter can do that,whether we can write selenese code
    to do our performance testing.If yes please post a sample code which
    carries performance for Login operation or search peration.

    Thanks in advance,
    Raghunandan.
  • Mark Collin at Apr 30, 2012 at 8:39 am
    You could do performance testing with Selenium but it's not what it was
    designed for. You'll need lots of kit to bring up enough client machines to
    stress your server.

    If you are going to do this I would suggest looking at:

    . http://saucelabs.com/ondemand

    . https://browsermob.com

    . Setting up your own Selenium cloud

    1.Can any one of you help whether with selenium can we do performance
    testing.

    2.We know that Jmeter can do that,whether we can write selenese code to do
    our performance testing.If yes please post a sample code which carries
    performance for Login operation or search peration.

    Thanks in advance,

    Raghunandan.

    For more options, visit this group at
    <http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-users?hl=en>
    http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-users?hl=en.

  • Peter Gale at Apr 30, 2012 at 11:41 am
    Without massive hardware resources, I don't think you can reaosnably expect to use Selenium for performacnce testing, but you could write your core tests in Selenium and then record them once to start off with and again as necessary when the core functionality changes) in JMeter for use as the basis of perfomrance testing, I believe.