Hi all
I know that for selenium 2 we have Android Driver for the android
testing which is really amazing, but how about selenium1?
My company is currently using smart client to build our UI, but with
smart client's library, selenium 1 is the only choice to do the auto
test.

So, my question is how can we use selenium 1 to test tablet such as
Android, iphone, and blackberry?

Thanks

Kevin

  • Mark Collin at Apr 25, 2012 at 5:31 am
    The Selenium RC API (which is what I assume you mean by Selenium 1) is
    effectively dead and is currently only in maintenance mode. You could try
    using SeleniumBackedWebDriver but your mileage may vary. I would suggest
    moving over to the WebDriver API.

    I know that for selenium 2 we have Android Driver for the android testing
    which is really amazing, but how about selenium1?
    My company is currently using smart client to build our UI, but with smart
    client's library, selenium 1 is the only choice to do the auto test.

    So, my question is how can we use selenium 1 to test tablet such as Android,
    iphone, and blackberry?

    Thanks

    Kevin

  • Ross Patterson at Apr 25, 2012 at 2:25 pm
    This seems to be a frequent question lately. A lot of folks seem to be testing Smart GWT and SmartClient applications using the "scLocators" add-on, and that add-on won't work in WebDriver (WebDriver doesn't support the "user-extensions.js" concept at all). I suggest you scLocators users contact the company that created it, SmartClient (now Isomorphic Software), www.smartclient.com, and ask them what they're planning to do for you. I don't know (or, personally, care) what the answer is, but it ought to influence your plans for building and/or testing those apps.

    Ross