I have a few custom salt runners my.one and my.two.

I want to set up an orchestrate file /srv/salt/orch/myruns.sls:

myrun-one:
   salt.run:
     - name: my.one
     - arg:
       - arg1: foo
       - arg2: bar

myrun-two:
   salt.run:
     - name: my.two
     - arg:
       - arg1: ping
       - arg2: pong

Then run: salt-run state.orchestrate orch.myruns

I am trying to avoid calling a script after my normal state.orchestrate
call. I want to make the runner calls part of the state.orchestrate run.

salt-run my.one arg1=foo arg2=bar
salt-run my.two arg1=ping arg2=pong

  • Seth House at Sep 9, 2015 at 5:41 pm
    It is indeed possible! See the `salt.runner` state here:

    https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.saltmod.html#salt.states.saltmod.runner