I have tried using orchestrate for complex orchestration.

I want to handle errors during that orchestration.

IOW, I want to avoid that some functions run if previous functions fail.

I have not managed to find a way to report that a function failed that
would stop orchestrate.

Did I miss something obvious ?

Or is it that what I am trying to do is against saltstack philosophy ?
In that case, can you explain how saltstack does support error handling ?

Thanks
--
Godefroid Chapelle

  • Colton Myers at Jul 14, 2015 at 10:33 pm
    If you use a `require` requisite to make one state dependent on another,
    then if the required state fails, the requiring state should never run. Are
    you using requisites in your setup?

    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/requisites.html

    --
    Colton Myers