Hello Salt users,

at SUSE we are working with Salt and one of the recent outcomes of that is
a Java library that can be used to easily connect any Java program to
SaltStack (via the API):

https://github.com/SUSE/saltstack-netapi-client-java

There are two releases so far, most of the netapi endpoints are covered by
the current code, please see the Javadoc (1).

I hope this is useful for someone. Please let me know what you think and of
course feel free to help us improving and extending the code by sending
your pull requests.

Best regards,
Johannes

(1)
http://suse.github.io/saltstack-netapi-client-java/docs/master/com/suse/saltstack/netapi/client/SaltStackClient.html

  • Mike Place at May 27, 2015 at 3:04 pm
    This is way cool! Nice work.

    -mp

    On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Johannes Renner
    at SUSE we are working with Salt and one of the recent outcomes of that is a
    Java library that can be used to easily connect any Java program to
    SaltStack (via the API):

    https://github.com/SUSE/saltstack-netapi-client-java

    There are two releases so far, most of the netapi endpoints are covered by
    the current code, please see the Javadoc (1).

    I hope this is useful for someone. Please let me know what you think and of
    course feel free to help us improving and extending the code by sending your
    pull requests.

    Best regards,
    Johannes

    (1)
    http://suse.github.io/saltstack-netapi-client-java/docs/master/com/suse/saltstack/netapi/client/SaltStackClient.html

  • Seth House at May 27, 2015 at 3:55 pm
    Johannes, thanks for sharing this! With your permission I would like
    to add a link to it from the rest_cherrypy docs.

    On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Johannes Renner
    at SUSE we are working with Salt and one of the recent outcomes of that is a
    Java library that can be used to easily connect any Java program to
    SaltStack (via the API):

    https://github.com/SUSE/saltstack-netapi-client-java

    There are two releases so far, most of the netapi endpoints are covered by
    the current code, please see the Javadoc (1).

    I hope this is useful for someone. Please let me know what you think and of
    course feel free to help us improving and extending the code by sending your
    pull requests.

    Best regards,
    Johannes

    (1)
    http://suse.github.io/saltstack-netapi-client-java/docs/master/com/suse/saltstack/netapi/client/SaltStackClient.html

  • Johannes Renner at May 27, 2015 at 4:17 pm
    Sure Seth, feel free to do add a link there. I would appreciate that very
    much, thanks!
[...]

  • Seth House at May 28, 2015 at 1:13 am
    Added here: https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/24201

    Thanks again!

    On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Johannes Renner
    Sure Seth, feel free to do add a link there. I would appreciate that very
    much, thanks!
  • Cosmic Interloper at Oct 25, 2015 at 4:17 pm
    Sorry to wake a dead thread, but are there any good repos of example code
    using this library i can look at?
    at SUSE we are working with Salt and one of the recent outcomes of that is
    a Java library that can be used to easily connect any Java program to
    SaltStack (via the API):

    https://github.com/SUSE/saltstack-netapi-client-java

    There are two releases so far, most of the netapi endpoints are covered by
    the current code, please see the Javadoc (1).

    I hope this is useful for someone. Please let me know what you think and
    of course feel free to help us improving and extending the code by sending
    your pull requests.

    Best regards,
    Johannes

    (1)
    http://suse.github.io/saltstack-netapi-client-java/docs/master/com/suse/saltstack/netapi/client/SaltStackClient.html
  • Johannes Renner at Nov 2, 2015 at 12:17 pm