i am running state.highstate from master to minion. From the minion is
there any way to know whether highstate is running or not.

can you guys please help me on this how to get the information from minion
only..

Thankyou..

  • Florian Ermisch at Apr 9, 2015 at 7:07 am
    Hi Srinivas,

    you can call execution modules locally on the minion with `salt-call`.
    Try `salt-call saltutil.running`. See [0] for details on job management.

    Regards,Florian

    [0] http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/jobs/index.html

    i am running state.highstate from master to minion. From the minion is
    there any way to know whether highstate is running or not.

    can you guys please help me on this how to get the information from
    minion
    only..

    Thankyou..

  • Srinivas Doppalapudi at Apr 9, 2015 at 8:07 am
    I have run this on my minion like below.

    *salt-call saltutil.running.*

    *But got empty response like this.*

    *C:\salt>salt-call saltutil.runninglocal:Please help. I am runnign
    state.highstate from master onto minion.*