As the title says.

I am getting lots of:

"Minion did not return. [No response]"

And getting about 30% of my minions showing up in:

salt-run manage.down

Nothing is obvious. I fiddle around with one of these minions. ssh into it,
do a salt-call a few times, get it working and then in 30mins it's off
again.

debug log with salt-call doesn't show any issues.

  • David Ward at Mar 4, 2015 at 1:40 pm
    My problem looks like this thread:

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/salt-users/83r469YtUY0/QTPyzxfPJNYJ

    The issues I am seeing when running minion and master in debug mode is the
    master returns saying the "Minion did not return. [No response]" while the
    minion is still executing the what the master asked too. Like the master
    gives up way too fast.

    Then the master is getting errors like this:

    [ERROR ] An inconsistency occurred, a job was received with a job id that
    is not present in the local cache: 20150305003509928310

    Doing a salt-run manage.down sees a big list. Even if I get a minion off
    that list, they get back on it even if they are sometimes returning valid
    data.