We run large environment as well and we have jobs that takes a bit of time
to complete and comes back, hence we increased the timeout + syndic_wait on
the masters with syndic.
unfortunately, it takes forever for the prompt to come back even though the
results are back already.

salt version:
         Salt: 2014.7.2
          Python: 2.7.9 (default, Dec 30 2014, 13:07:54)
          Jinja2: 2.7.3
        M2Crypto: 0.22
  msgpack-python: 0.4.2
    msgpack-pure: Not Installed