hi..

I am running an application inside a docker busybox container and would
like to know whether it is possible to modify its configuration dynamically
using SaltStack. Seems to me it's possible if i can get enough
functionality into the image to run:

pip install --install-option="--salt-transport=raet" salt

in the container. The application in question must react to changes in the
environment around it and building a new docker image each time or
re-launching to pass in command-line parameters seems cumbersome. Although
OpenWRT is typically used on embedded devices, in this case the host has
plenty of horsepower to run Salt. Has anyone tried something along these
lines? I suppose i could use Debian, but the image size would be quite a
bit larger.

thanks!

  • UnlimitedMoops at Jan 22, 2015 at 7:01 am
    Perhaps a moot question as volumes allow Salt to access critical files from
    the host. Rather handy :).