I'm not sure who manages or creates the packages in
http://docs.saltstack.com/downloads/ but would it possible to create
salt-minion MSI files as well? I'm not familiar with NSIS or WIX
personally, I would rather the task be done by someone who knows the build
environment. MSI installers would be very beneficial for deploying
throughout Windows organizations using active directory. I wouldn't mind
setting up the build environment (as described here
http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/installation/windows.html ) and
updating the downloads section whenever a new build is released if someone
else knew what to do in WIX to make it work reliably.

Regards,
Jeff

  • David Boucha at Jan 12, 2015 at 7:35 pm
    Hi Jeff,

    We're actually in the process of adding msi's to our build process right
    now. Hopefully we'll have initial msi's for testing in a week or two.
    I'm not sure who manages or creates the packages in
    http://docs.saltstack.com/downloads/ but would it possible to create
    salt-minion MSI files as well? I'm not familiar with NSIS or WIX
    personally, I would rather the task be done by someone who knows the build
    environment. MSI installers would be very beneficial for deploying
    throughout Windows organizations using active directory. I wouldn't mind
    setting up the build environment (as described here
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/installation/windows.html )
    and updating the downloads section whenever a new build is released if
    someone else knew what to do in WIX to make it work reliably.

    Regards,
    Jeff
  • Jeff Clay at Jan 12, 2015 at 9:11 pm
    Thanks. I submitted https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/19137 and