I couldn't find an answer elsewhere. Is it possible to add an additional
role to a minion directly from the master. I know I could change the
"grains: roles:" part in the minion config file directly on the minion.

Thanks.

  • Ethan Erchinger at Dec 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm
    Take a look at grains.append.
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/modules/all/salt.modules.grains.html