Howdy all,

Now that 2014.7 has been released, I've been testing it out, but have run
into a problem. Should there be a salt-api package? If not, what needs to
be done to startup the salt api? I've added the necessary rest_cherrypy:
bits to the master conf, but nothing is listening on port 8000. I also had
to manually install the python-cherrypy3 python-gevent and python-greenlet
packages, so I wonder if bits might be missing from the debian packages.

Thanks!

  • Joe Healy at Nov 20, 2014 at 5:03 am
    Yes - you are right - I missed that salt-api had been integrated when I did
    the initial packaging. This was picked up by saltstack QA, but given the
    rest was fine, I released the packages.

    I'll be adding this between now and Monday.

    For reference, the known issues with the 2014.7.0+ds-2 debian and ubuntu
    packages are:

    1) salt-api not yet integrated
    2) raet dependencies not yet packaged
    3) lucid packages not yet released

    Apologies for missing this,

    Joe
    Now that 2014.7 has been released, I've been testing it out, but have run
    into a problem. Should there be a salt-api package? If not, what needs to
    be done to startup the salt api? I've added the necessary rest_cherrypy:
    bits to the master conf, but nothing is listening on port 8000. I also had
    to manually install the python-cherrypy3 python-gevent and python-greenlet
    packages, so I wonder if bits might be missing from the debian packages.

    Thanks!

  • Christian McHugh at Nov 20, 2014 at 5:05 am
    Sounds great. Thanks again!
[...]

  • Christian McHugh at Jan 1, 2015 at 7:20 pm
    Is there still a plan for a release of the 2014.7 salt-api for the deb
    packages? http://debian.saltstack.com/debian/pool/main/s/salt/ seems to
    have been updated last in November.

    On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Christian McHugh <christia...@gmail.com