It looks like it's impossible to install salt currently without zmq, if
you're using pip + git. I'd really be able to make a frozen virtualenv free
of m2cypto and zmq from my git fork... How do I go about this? This is what
happens when I hit the current 2014.7 branch in the upstream:

'pip install --install-option="--salt-transport=raet" -e git+
https://github.com/saltstack/salt@2014.7#egg=salt

running develop

error: error in command line: command 'develop' has no such option
'salt_transport'

Cleaning up...'

Also, it looks like the egg always has zmq/m2crypto dependencies, even if
raet is used.

- Ryan

  • Colton Myers at Nov 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm
    Hey Ryan,

    The packaging and setup.py stuff is not my strong suite. I would recommend opening an issue on Github, and pinging @s0undt3ch -- he's pretty good with the setup.py and requirements stuff.

    --
    Colton Myers