I have just installed a new salt minion and master

salt-common (2014.7.0+ds-2~bpo70+1 Debian Salt
Backporting:debian.saltstack.com [all])
salt-master (2014.7.0+ds-2~bpo70+1 Debian Salt
Backporting:debian.saltstack.com [all])
salt-minion (2014.7.0+ds-2~bpo70+1 Debian Salt
Backporting:debian.saltstack.com [all])

As a result it no longer sees that my tomcat manager is active although
it is up and reachable (I can login trough the GUI)

           ID: wait-for-tomcatmanager
      Function: tomcat.wait
        Result: False
       Comment: tomcat manager is not ready
       Started: 17:50:30.066804
      Duration: 1.683 ms
       Changes:

Please help me in troubleshooting this issue

  • Paul Reinking at Nov 19, 2014 at 6:40 pm
    After some searching I was able to locate
    salt-common_2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1_all.deb and
    salt-minion_2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1_all.deb

    I have used these files to roll back

    dpkg -i salt-*
    dpkg: warning: downgrading salt-common from 2014.7.0+ds-2~bpo70+1 to
    2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1
    (Reading database ... 41818 files and directories currently installed.)

    After doing this I'm able to use the tomcat state again to deploy war
    files but I have no clue as to why the new packages are failing.

    Any help and suggestions are welcome

  • Tim O'Guin at Nov 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm
    How the tomcat module fetches auth credentials has changed since 2014.1.

    Rather than searching grains and pillar for keys matching
    tomcat-manager.user and tomcat-manager.passwd, it's now searching for user
    and passwd keys under the main tomcat-manager key.

    # Old Format
    tomcat-manager.user: foo
    tomcat-manager.passwd: bar

    # New Format
    tomcat-manager:
       user: foo
       passwd: bar

    Change that config, and it should start working.
    After some searching I was able to locate salt-common_2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1_all.deb
    and salt-minion_2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1_all.deb

    I have used these files to roll back

    dpkg -i salt-*
    dpkg: warning: downgrading salt-common from 2014.7.0+ds-2~bpo70+1 to
    2014.1.13+ds-1~bpo70+1
    (Reading database ... 41818 files and directories currently installed.)

    After doing this I'm able to use the tomcat state again to deploy war
    files but I have no clue as to why the new packages are failing.

    Any help and suggestions are welcome

  • Paul Reinking at Nov 19, 2014 at 9:20 pm
    Hi Tim,

    Thanks that saved my day , it is working perfectly now.
    I wish though I would have been able to figure this out from tomcat.py
    myself.

    Again thanks for providing the solution.

    Paul

  • Alex Leonhardt at Nov 19, 2014 at 9:50 pm
    Documentation bug or for the benefit to many others could someone send the
    link yo the dice describing this changed behaviour? :) if there is no doc,
    would you mind filing a doc bug (and maybe a pull req to add/fix it) :) ?

    Cheers!
    Alex