I need to retrieve the output of a command and write it to a file on the
master, anyone know how?

In my example.sls:

date:
   cmd.run

I run:

salt '*' state.highstate

stdout:
                   Sun Nov 2 10:22:59 CET 2014

pd: sorry I am begginer

Thank you!

  • Colton Myers at Nov 19, 2014 at 11:48 pm
    Try this:

    date > /tmp/myfile.txt:
       cmd.run

    --