Hi Everyone!

    I have an issues when I'm trying to test syndic =)

    Infrastructure is very simple:
MASTER<------>master-syndic(station39.redhat.lab)<------->minion =)

    on MASTER I run:

* salt -t 60 -v '*' test.ping Executing job with jid
20141017072612900907
------------------------------------------- Minion did not
return*

* salt-run manage.status down: -
station39.redhat.lab*

    Sad!! And nothing else from minion =(

     In the same time

     t*cp 0 0 10.10.111.39:45169 10.10.111.35:4505
ESTABLISHED 19406/python*

     And tcpdump catches some traffic between the servers, when I run some
commands, but a can't see any marks into syndic log file, not about
connections or other activity.

     Log file for syndic I've attached =)

     Info about my systems:

* Fedora 20 salt 2014.1.11 (Hydrogen) salt-syndic 2014.1.11
(Hydrogen) *

  Thk, hope for your help!

  • Jason Wolfe at Oct 20, 2014 at 8:51 am
    You have both the syndic and the master running on station39, and you've
    accepted the minion key? Keep in mind that even if the true master has
    accepted the minion key prior, they don't share state, so the syndic will
    have to also. If that's all good, the log from the minion will be more
    interesting. Side note.. run a minion on station39 and have it connect to
    itself.

    <http://10.10.111.39:45169> 10.10.111.35:4505
    <http://10.10.111.35:4505> ESTABLISHED 19406/python*

    --
    The information in this message may be confidential. It is intended solely
    for

  • Pavlukevichmm at Oct 20, 2014 at 10:21 am
    It was my fault =) I've forgotten to set *order_masters* to *True *on
    MASTER =))