Hello,

Whenever I deploy a minion through salt-cloud, they run a highstate.
My question is as simple as, is it possible to get the output form that
highstate?
eg When I manually call a highstate i get the following output:

           ID: check-mk-agent
     Function: pkg.installed
       Result: True
      Comment: All specified packages are already installed.
      Changes:
----------
           ID: /etc/check_mk
     Function: file.directory
       Result: True
      Comment: Directory /etc/check_mk is in the correct state
      Changes:
----------
           ID: /etc/check_mk/fileinfo.cfg_creation
     Function: file.managed
         Name: /etc/check_mk/fileinfo.cfg
       Result: True
      Comment: File /etc/check_mk/fileinfo.cfg is in the correct state
      Changes:

It seems impossible to find this kind of info for my initial highstate, the
one which I didn't run myself

regards;

  • Cyclohex at Oct 13, 2014 at 12:43 pm
    Ok, I've found it.
    First I do a salt-run jobs.list_jobs
    Then find the correct job in the given list
    Once you have copied the jid give the following command
    salt-run jobs.lookup_jid [JID]

    It isn't hard, but it took me a while to figure this out

  • Colton Myers at Nov 13, 2014 at 12:29 am
    Hey Cyclohex,

    I know you figured out your issue, but it seems to me that it would be useful to put the JID in the output of salt-cloud so that it would be easier to look up the results of the highstate.

    Would you mind opening an issue on Github so that we can add this functionality? Thanks!

    --
    Colton Myers (basepi)
    Platform Engineer, SaltStack