Hi saltstack-cores,

I have submitted the formulas related to the openstack installation to the
stackforge’s repo[1]. In the future, I’d like to use the stackforge’s
infrastructure.
Like gerrit for code review, unittest and integration test maybe in the future.
So could you guys fork the related repos to the saltstack-formula group?
The related repos are:

https://github.com/stackforge/keystone-formula
https://github.com/stackforge/glance-formula
https://github.com/stackforge/cinder-salt-formula
https://github.com/stackforge/nova-salt-formula
https://github.com/stackforge/neutron-salt-formula

Important

The keystone-formula exists on saltstack-formula now. The code are the
same, but the commit are different.( I have squash the commits). I will be
happy the you can delete the current one and fork from stackforge.
keystone-formula and glance-formula will be renamed to
keystone-salt-formula and glance-salt-formula.

[1] https://github.com/stackforge/?query=formula

--
Lei Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me

  • Lei Zhang at Oct 10, 2014 at 12:53 pm
    Is there anybody who can help me about this?
[...]

  • Ted Strzalkowski at Oct 11, 2014 at 8:13 pm
    I think your best bet is to transfer the repository into
    saltstack-formulas. See docs
    here: http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/development/conventions/formulas.html#writing-formulas

    You can then fork it into your own organization, where you'll develop and
    use your own tools. You can then merge up to the saltstack-formulas repo.
      Forking the other direction (from your repo into saltstack-formulas) makes
    it tricky to manage pull requests and such.

    -tedski
    Is there anybody who can help me about this?

    On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Lei Zhang <zhang....@gmail.com
[...]

  • David Boucha at Oct 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
    Hi, sorry for the slow response here. I'll look into this.

    Thanks!

    Dave
[...]

  • Lei Zhang at Oct 13, 2014 at 1:49 am
    I'd like to let the openstack related formula stay on StackForge's repo
    * It will be well known in that repo, all the openstacker can see it.
    * Not all the salt-formula group members can determine whether the PR
    is good, because it is related to the Ops of Openstack. Not all the
    salt-formula group member are stackers.
    * There are code review in stackforge's repo. We use gerrit for code
    review. And we can add any type of UnitTest for it. If anybody wanna
    to control the PR/Gerrit Patch process, I can add u to the
    salt-formula-core/salt-formula-release-group. This may be a little
    fuzzy. But I think is good for the openstack related formula grow up.

[...]

  • Lei Zhang at Oct 13, 2014 at 1:54 am
    I'd like to let the openstack related formula stay on StackForge's repo
    * It will be well known in that repo, all the openstacker can see it.
    * Not all the salt-formula group members can determine whether the PR
    is good, because it is related to the Ops of Openstack. Not all the
    salt-formula group member are stackers.
    * There is code review in stackforge's repo. We use gerrit for code