Hi all
I have a very simple setup with a masterless minion. I am trying to get pillar data to work but when
I call salt-call pillar.data none of the data that I have in pillar_roots seems to be set. I've set
file_roots and pillar_roots in the minion config. If I create errors in the yaml of my pillar files
then I get errors when I call pillar.data so the files in my pillar_roots are getting read but I
can't see any of the data that I am trying to set.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this data is not appearing?

top.sls http://pastebin.com/FYfENAD9
testpillar.sls http://pastebin.com/SeTPaAi7

Cheers
Don

  • Alan Garfield at Oct 8, 2014 at 9:30 pm
    Yeah it's a known bug in 2014.1.11 release (see
    https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/16210).

    -A.
    I have a very simple setup with a masterless minion. I am trying to get
    pillar data to work but when I call salt-call pillar.data none of the data
    that I have in pillar_roots seems to be set. I've set file_roots and
    pillar_roots in the minion config. If I create errors in the yaml of my
    pillar files then I get errors when I call pillar.data so the files in my
    pillar_roots are getting read but I can't see any of the data that I am
    trying to set.

    Does anyone have any ideas about why this data is not appearing?

    top.sls http://pastebin.com/FYfENAD9
    testpillar.sls http://pastebin.com/SeTPaAi7

    Cheers
    Don

  • Ross Perkins at Oct 19, 2014 at 4:37 pm
    Thanks for the link Alan. I encountered this bug as well.

    Here is a fix if you're using Vagrant:

    https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/16210#issuecomment-58270625

    v2014.1.13 is out now and I confirmed this bug is fixed in that version.

    On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Don MacLellan <d...@donaldinho.com